Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm Baaack

Exactly 30 paintings are tucked safely in their lovely new sleeves, waiting for HH and I to deliver them to Good Samaritan Hospital's Walkway Gallery in Kearney, Ne.


It'll be a coming home of sorts, I grew up in Kearney and attended what was then Kearney State College (it's University of Nebraska - Kearney, now). Got started on my art career there thanks to the patient professors at good ol' KSC. I'm fairly certain I'm not the one they would have pegged to have a career as a fine artist. I'm the one who left her drawing assignment home the very first day.


And now I'm baaaack.

I'll be showcasing several pieces from my "One Square Mile" series, several Platte River scenes, and a new series called "Private Property", a collection of plein air pieces from a small enclosed area in the middle of town. It's a pretty good looking group of paintings that'll do my professors proud.

"Excerpts", a collection of oils and pastel paintings, runs August 1 through November 30.

No comments: