Sunday, August 1, 2010

Book Report



My Excerpts exhibit is up and looks fabulous if I do say so myself.
Thanks so much to HH, and Ernie of Good Samaritan Hospital  for making it so easy. 

There's still a month left of summer and enough time to squeeze in one more really good read.
"The Forger's Spell", by Edward Dolnick, is the true story of the greatest art hoax of the 20th century.  Part mystery, part history and part psychology class, this is one of the best books I've read in a long time.  Featuring Johannes Vermeer, a Dutch forger and Hitler's right hand man, Hermann Goering, "The Forger's Spell" is mesmerizing and entertaining.  This is not a book that will end up collecting dust on the bedside table.

Any books you'd like to add to the reading list?

2 comments:

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Ooo, that sounds interesting - I'll look for it! I also liked Sarah Dunant's The Birth of Venus and Arturo Perez-Reverte's The Flanders Panel. Hmm, there are all kinds of good historical art novels.

Patty said...

Excellent, P/H, thanks for the additions. Anyone else?