Sunday, February 20, 2011

 ©2011 Patricia Scarborough, "Dawn Whispers" 12x16 Pastel on Wallis Paper
Egad, Dear Reader, I find that I've whittled away the day trying, trying to get organized.
I'm not a twit about getting and staying organized, but I'll be the first to admit that I'd rather paint than enter info into my various spreadsheets and inventory programs.  Annoyingly, the tax man doesn't care about that, so I spend a few hours now and then devising clever ways to keep track of myself.
Because there are still a few loose ends to tie up, I'll leave you with a recent pastel painting. Lately  I've been interested in the way trees and the sky weave themselves together. It'll be the theme for an exhibit coming up this spring. 
Take a moment, why don't you, to notice this interesting slice of landscape.  Tiny brittle twigs reach into space, creating a soft merging of light and solid, blurring the line beteen positive and negative space. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Patty, You've described the movement of positive to negative space beautifully. I'm enjoying the way that this piece lays in the balance between landscape and abstraction.

Patty said...

How kind you are Hannah, thanks. It's interesting, isn't it, what inspires a person? I have the vast expanse of a Nebraska horizon, and I'm looking through clumps of trees.