Sunday, October 2, 2011

Go Play

Greetings Dear Reader-

This may be a terrible blow to you, but I'm taking the week off from blogging.  The weather has been amazingly wonderful for the last week of September in Nebraska and I've spent as much time outdoors as possible rather than in my studio thinking of clever things to share with you.


I know it's impossible, but I feel a need to soak up as much blue sky and sunshine as possible.  It's one thing to stay inside because I want to (to paint, to read, to do whatever it is I do inside) but it's another thing entirely to stay inside because it's 30 degrees with heavy grey skies.  That will come all too soon.

So, before I actually end up writing a blog telling you how I'm not going to write a blog, I'll leave you with a recent painting.  It may not be quite done, it'll have to lean against the wall awhile before I'll know for sure. I'll come back to it in a few days, when the skies cloud over and the temperatures drop, and there's no more playing outside.

©2011 Patricia Scarborough  30x40 oil

No comments: