Sunday, November 10, 2013

Tru Fun

Greetings All -

Holy Moley.

As I sit here in mismatched sweats and floppy socks I'm taken back to a moment nearly 7 years ago when Handsome Husband and I pondered my future.
I was, in a word, miserable.

Most likely I sat here in this same chair in the same mismatched sweats. (It takes awhile to get them broken in just the way I like 'em.)  The job I had loved at one time had become a source of frustration. The pipe dream of being a real live artist was becoming less a dream and more of a realization. Time to fish or cut bait as they say.

Fast forward please.

 
I have just wrapped up a run of exhibits and opportunities that were unthinkable that day way back when.
 
At each opportunity I have learned something, and not all of it related to the artwork; how to show up, how to prepare, how to grow thicker skin. How to ask, and how to know when to walk away. Being an artist isn't all smiles, there are some moments of sharp elbows and doubt that would shake the foundations of an NFL lineman.

 

My exhibit at Tru Café in Kearney is one of the fun opportunities. Rick Brown, of the Kearney Daily Hub, wrote a great article here. How cool is that? Yeah, pretty cool. Btw, the exhibit will hang  at Tru the whole month of November. Stop in, have a delicious cuppa or even lunch, and have a look see.

Hang with me and together we'll see where the next 7 years will take me. I'm looking forward to it!



5 comments:

Mavis said...

Yippee!
Here's to the next seven years... and the seven beyond that... and the seven beyond that one, too!
Congratulations.

Emily said...

If you're ever out in VA, I'd love an art lesson. We have some beautiful landscapes. :)

Tammy S. said...

Saw your write up in the Kearney Hub, Patty. Congrats and hope to see your exhibit when I'm in Kearney at the end of the month. :-)

Patty said...

Big squeezy hugs to you three! Mavis, thank you for your support and guidance over the years. Emily, Thank you for keeping track of me, and Tammy, thank you for your interest and patronage. I really do feel like the luckiest person!

Patty said...

Cathyann, good to hear from you. Funny how connections are made despite the miles between us. I'm glad to be on this journey with you!