Sunday, June 5, 2016

Enjoy the Experience

I was all set to wow you with an intellectual discussion of some ideas that I've been turning around in my brain. Not to worry, I'll get to it...some day.

As a visual person, that is, an individual who gets, keeps and dispenses most experience and knowledge via images in my brain, the reaction I felt this morning upon wandering into our yard was one of utter, sheer delight.

And just so we're all in agreement that I'm an artist, and this is primarily and art blog, I'll use art-y terms to show you why:


Shapes in the petunias


Textures in the moonbeam coreopsis


Space in the cone flowers



Interest in the shadows in the huechera 


Movement in the lobelia


Complements in the Japanese maple against the bright sky


Intensities of the wave roses and their waxy dark leaves


Form in mondo grass and vinca


Lights and darks of a climbing rose against the blue spruce


Rich textures from aging tree carvings against the milkweed

If you'll excuse me from my intellectual pursuit, I'm going to sit on the patio with my Handsome Husband. It's a good day to turn off the theory and enjoy the here and now, and simply...enjoy.

No comments: