Monday, June 16, 2008

Cottonwood Art Festival

Am I just the luckiest person? What a great weekend.


Friday started out with a trip to Hastings Nebraska, home of the Cottonwood Art Festival at Brickyard park. This beautiful park was filled with artisans of all kinds, potters, crafters, sculptors, painters, and the Spoon Man, Mr. Wilmot.

Angela of Graham Gallery played host to her stable of artists by erecting a tent/gallery, a virtual home away from home for those of us who hang our work there. The evening weather was perfect and the crowds were, well, crowded. Hanging out with me under the big-top were Jane Marie and Liz Halsted, fabric artists extraordinaire; Max Miller, photographer; Nicole Gustaffsson, wunderkind; Sally Buss, master sculptress; Marcy Maley, oil stick artist; photographer Jorn Olsen and master of many media, Jeremy Daniels.


Saturday we had a wonderful Father's Day family day. Our boys are men now, and hanging out with them is a special treat. Funny, smart and engaging, we wonder who they take after.


Sunday we were back at the festival, greeting folks and hanging out with other artists. I'm so pleased to have met William and Janey, who took home a lovely little oil painting . I know after having a conversation with them that it's in good hands.

Yes, I'd say I'm a lucky girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

T'was a jolly good time!!! Beautiful art work is always inspiring! : -)

babycake said...

Hello. I don't know if you blog anymore, but i'm wondering about this Jeremy Daniels who you wrote about. I think I might know ho he his, but i'm not sure. I live in Sweden and can't contact you in any other way. If you read this, maybe you could answer by writing in my blog: http://friskatag.blogspot.com/
Hope to hear from you!
/ Sofi