Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sneak Peak



With Labor Day comes the last of the season's art festivals, for me at least. I'm a lightweight when it comes to outdoor events. One I'm pleased to attend as a participating artist is the FamFest in Aurora, Nebraska. This is a great event full of music, good food and excellent art.



I'll be showing a few new pieces from my plein aire painting trips.



I'll give you a sneak peak to temp you into coming to Aurora (as if coming to this great little community weren't enough!)



Painted early in the morning, the coneflowers this year were gorgeous.



I planted sunflowers this year, for no reason other than I love them. These mammoth variety are over 15 feet tall. The heads are at least a foot wide, plenty big enough to feed the finches.
These plein aire pieces are 5 x 7 inches and beautifully framed. They're available for $200 each. To see them in person, and to see other new paintings, stop by my booth in the artist's tent at Famfest in Aurora and introduce yourself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish I could come! Your new paintings are wonderful. Have a great show...