Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Letter

@2009 Patricia Scarborough 12x12 oil

It's that time again!

Tis the season for the Christmas Letter. (Cue the theme from Jaws.)

Like the Boogie Man at Halloween (in my neighborhood it was the Hairy Scratch), or your neighbor at the back door with her arms full of zuchini in September, it's the time of year our mailboxes fill up with long-winded missives from those dear close friends we didn't know we had.
Shiney as a new Sears catalog, these perfect families and their charming escapades, vacations and championships dazzle us with their, well, dazzling-ness.

I surrender.

The only cruise I've been on is up Highway 81 to hit the Walmart store.

The only gold I've received is the gold cap I got for the tooth I broke on last year's peanut brittle.
I did find treasure. It was the last piece of pumpkin pie hidden in the fridge after Thanksgiving. Too bad it was 2 weeks old. (At least I think it was pumpkin pie.)

So, my Christmas Letter to you, Dear Reader, goes something like this:

Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for your comments. It's always nice to hear from you.

Had a great year painting. Snagged a couple new galleries, taught a few classes, made tons of friends.

Hope you had a good year too.

Happy Holidays my Friends-

Oh, and come back next week. I'm going to reveal a very cool project initiated by a very cool fellow. Consider it your Christmas gift. You're gonna love it, I promise.

4 comments:

Kaylyn Munro said...

That's the best Christmas letter ever!! Not a single mention of gall bladders or glowing tales of children we all secretly think of as spoiled brats!!

I just found you site. Really taken by your work and look forward to seeing what you come up with in the new year!

Patty said...

Kaylyn, we must be on the same newsletter list! Thanks for stopping by, looking forward to visiting with you next year!

Kaylyn Munro said...

I'm still chuckling about the pumpkin pie (?) treasure!!

One christmas letter we got last year sparked an interesting comment from my husband. His cousins proclaimed that they had completed their quest to visit every major league baseball park in the country. They had such fun that they're starting over again. We are not big sports fans, so my husband said we should make a point of visiting every major Art Museum in the country. A tall task, but we made headway in DC going to the National Gallery and Hirschorn Museum on a whirlwind visit.

One of my goals for this coming year is to start a blog about this quest and invite comments, recommendations, and photos from all.

So some good can come of Christmas letters. I don't remember a thing about anything else it that letter!

Patty said...

Ooh, sounds like a fantastic idea for a blog. Let me know when you get it up and running!