Sunday, March 7, 2010

One More Week

Greetings Dear Reader-
Post # 99.
Remember? 
For those of you who neglected to stop by last week, I'll wait just a moment for you to catch up. tickticktick...it's toward the bottom...tickticktick...
Moving on . . .
The opening reception at The Burkholder Project was nothing short of amazing.  Nearly 800 people walked through the front door on a lovely spring evening in the Haymarket District of Lincoln, Nebraska. 
The first Friday of each month is set aside for the galleries and art spaces in Lincoln to open their doors for what becomes an amazing gallery walk. After a long cold winter folks were ready to head out and see what's been happening in studios and galleries in the state's capitol. They weren't disappointed.

Huge and sincere thanks to friends and family who drove long distances to share this event with me.  These folks have seen me through my doubts and dreams and I am truly grateful for their support. And of course, there aren't enough thanks in the world to describe the support I get from HH (Handsome Husband).  (Big X's and O's to you!)
@2010 P Scarborough, Late Night Whispers, 12x12" pastel

Finally, I am absolutely delighted to share with you that a piece from my Square Mile Series exhibited at The Burkholder Project, "Late Night Whispers", was purchased by Doane College, a private liberal arts college in Crete Ne., for their permanent collection.  What an honor.  I'm still smiling over that one.

The Fam relaxing after Lincoln's First Friday

By the way, comments for the Big 100 Posts Celebration will close on Sunday March 14th at noon.  That'll give me time to make a big production out of the whole hat-drawing thing.  I'll have to find some drums, maybe some dancing girls and line up a parade for the big winner.
As for your part, well, you've just got to say hellow.

5 comments:

Pat said...

Congrats on the sale! You must be thrilled to bits :)

Patty said...

Thanks Pat. It's a double thrill to be noticed by a fellow artist.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Patty! It sure does look like a nice place to have art.

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

I volunteer to be a dancing girl! :)

Patty said...

ooooh, a dancing girl...a side of you that's new to me!!
Thanks all for your kind comments!