Sunday, December 28, 2008

Free Gimme

On December 24th it was 40 below zero wind chill here in the wind swept plains of Nebraska.
Highway 6, 2008 14 x 11 Oil

On December 26th it was 62 degrees above zero. I'm no rocket surgeon, but that's alot of degrees in just a few days. No wonder I'm feeling a little schizophrenic.


It's also very nearly a New Year. I'm celebrating with a Free Gimme.



I'm giving away warm weather. Green grass. Cool water. Reflections of warm sun.

Platte River, Late Afternoon, 2008 11 x 14 Oil

I'll send you a free (yes ma'am, that's no cost to you!) postcard-sized reproduction of "Platte River, Late Afternoon". I'll sign it, too. It'll bring back memories of summer, a late afternoon by the river. Dip your toes in and listen to the bugs buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It's yours for the asking. Tell me where to send it and it's there. I'm not looking for anything from you. It's my little gift to those of us who have a hard time getting through the winter months. Zip me an email at patricia@pscarborougharts.com and ask for a warm breeze in your mailbox.

Here's hoping your holidays were lovely, and your New Year is full of warm friendships.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Patty, I certainly hope you own several pairs of insulated undies. holy cow. You are so kind to offer your print! I have one already (thanks!!!) and have it hanging right here on my wall of inspiration in the studio.
happy holidays from balmy Texas (it's only about 40 here)...

Sarah said...

Better soak every ounce of this forty degree weather in this week! We're bound to have more chilly,cold,brrrrrrrr weather :) That's Nebraska for ya!!! BUT, your gorgeous painting keeps me warm. Gosh those days sure go fast.
What does your schedule look like for January?